Monday 5 March 2012

C1 Literary Mayhem No. 15 Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury

before you read this: please don't forget your answers/quotes on The Great Gatsby by Thursday. We'll start from those and have some fun with translation.

Hello fellow humans,
they call me Ray Bradbury and my job is to help you fall in love. "A life's work should be based on love," is what I say..

But the one I value the most is called Fahrenheit 451. It is a dystopian novel, and 451 degrees Fahrenheit is the temperature at which book paper burns.

Here's what we're going to read together:
if you're interested, you can also read the whole book online or borrow it from me

Enjoy!




Inline image 1
p.s.
Iconic author Ray Bradbury and Playboy founder Hugh Hefner talk with LATimes.com blogger Geoff Boucher (Hero Complex) about how TV and radio inspired Fahrenheit 451, the connection between the novel and Playboy magazine and why Bradbury thinks of himself as a "pomegranate."


No comments:

Post a Comment