Friday 24 February 2012

C1 Literary Mayhem No. 14 The Great Gatsby by F.Scott Fitzgerald

Inline image 3
"Everyone suspects himself of at least one of the cardinal virtues, and this is mine: I am one of the few honest people that I have ever known."

My name is Nick Carraway and I am telling you a story of my friend, Jay Gatsby:

I want you to read the story before the class and see if you can answer the questions here:

The Great Gatsby (1925) is one of the greatest American classics. The novel was written in Paris by F. Scott Fitzgerald, and it has come to be seen as a representation of the Jazz Age (or Roaring Twenties).  Read the whole novel here  or borrow it from me ;)


more interesting Gatsbys
Robert Redford as Jay Gatsby
Great Gatsby explained in 60 seconds (tm)
Great Gatsby Adventure!
Could You Survive 1920s?

 How much do you know about Fitzgerald's works and life? Print out the puzzle, complete it, and compare your answers to the solution.



No comments:

Post a Comment